Tuesday, January 20, 2009

YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR

so i goes over to visits my sister today at about noon and was surprised to see my nephew sitting on the couch! i then asked my sister why is Dude(that's what i call my nephew) home and not at school? she tells me that she and her mother thought it would be best if he stayed home to watch the ceremony... Now i was not by any stone thrown close to being an even moderately good student, but for a six year old to be allowed to stay home and watch something that he don't give two left fire trucks about, to me, is just stupid! maybe i'm getting too old too soon, but when i seen kids in high school, walking around the streets at noon, i wanted to tell them to take they're asses to school(DAMN NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT)! but maybe i am getting too old! someone please help me understand a justified meaning behind this. would you pull your child out of school on one of the "most important days for black people"?

1 comment:

ODARA said...

Nah you're not getting old (i guess) LOL...But I have to cosign with you I don't think it's necessary for a 6 yr old to be pulled outta school for something as such...and I don't know where you guys live but here where I stay most of the children were allowed to watch it during school...

but on another note we (black folks) don't get THAT many important days & the inauguration was definitely a once in a life time kinda thing...so I don't think any harm was done by pulling him outta class for the day!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online