Monday, September 29, 2008

IPhone Special Edition: who did it better!

After looking back on my last iphone hits where i talked about all these off brand paper planes remixes i was left thinking/.... who did it bettter... to a few songs that are out and about right now first up

let the dollar circulate - Billy Paul
Great song soulful talking about things that are going on right now for this to be an old song..

and then
Circulate - Young Jeezy
So yeah Jezzy is okay but who ever is billing this as the best album out right now earned themselves +2 rat points and +3 WTF's

Let The Dollars Circulate - 9th WonderYeaa 9th wonderrr!

Let the dollar circulate - J dilla
I put my vote in for this one DILLA lives!! "Put your hands up for DETROIT" (lol i like that song)

OK OK Next song

Until I did research into this post i never knew how many people did a cover of this song so lets start with the best original i can find
Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood - Nina Simone like when I say chills I mean it! like real talk I think im going to find a singer dust off some old mic's and get it crackin you cant have soul without the git ya dig!

Dont Get It (Misunderstood) - Lil Wayne ok I dont hate Wayne I hate how people are building Wayne up like he is the god MC but that's another rant for another day... this song is cool but for people who think its deep plz leave the blog now sorry just cuz a rapper says some thing to show he is slightly awake doesn't mean he is....

Misunderstood - Common On that note this is my fav version of this song mainly because I love common also because it makes best use of the sample! you didn't catch its a whole re done guitar part in there did you

Oh yeah and just for fun
this version slaps! If i was to sample this song i would use this one that church organ is sick

shot out to http://www.blindiforthekids.com who did a post like this that i found while looking into this

2 comments:

Cliff Skighwalker said...

Zeno, go to my imeem to find the official Dilla beat for "Dolla circulate. The Dilla and 9th track you posted are the same, lol...

Dilla by far murdered everybody...DILLA LIVES!!!

Red.October said...

I love Dilla, but that Don Cannon beat was heller nuts. And of course the Misunderstoon for Common gets my vote!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online